Monday, June 15, 2009

Bringing in the Sheaves

I have to tell you about yesterday at church. There was a visiting couple sitting on the row in front of me during the service, and they have a baby who is several months old. The mom was playing with him, holding him, giving a bottle, and then handed him off to his dad. He gave him a little soft blanky and snuggled him up on his shoulder, and when the baby would resist the dad would gently rock him and sway a bit. In no time the baby was out, letting go of his grip on his daddy's shirt and sleeping. I'm not sure if the dad was hot or what, but he gently leaned forward and took the blanket away. He then put the baby back on his shoulder and continued to hold him while he was sleeping.

You got it. I wept.

The Father holds us. He rocks us with love. Sometimes he takes away things so dear to us for reasons we don't understand, but He is still holding us so close to His heart.

I feared writing this because I'm thinking sure enough I share my heart and what I saw and something dear is going to be taken from me. But, it's as Oswald Chambers said this morning "
We say we do not expect God to take us to heaven on flowery beds of ease, and yet we act as if we do!"

The service progressed and I felt so tender and vulnerable before the Lord. I love that. A few moments later we sang this song...

Sowing in the morning, sowing seeds of kindness,
Sowing in the noontide and the dewy eve;
Waiting for the harvest, and the time of reaping,
We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves.

Refrain:
Bringing in the sheaves, bringing in the sheaves,
We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves;
Bringing in the sheaves, bringing in the sheaves,
We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves.

Sowing in the sunshine, sowing in the shadows,
Fearing neither clouds nor winter’s chilling breeze;
By and by the harvest, and the labor ended,
We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves.

Going forth with weeping, sowing for the Master,
Though the loss sustained our spirit often grieves;
When our weeping’s over, He will bid us welcome,
We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves
You got it. More weeping. He is so faithful, and I can't help but believe no matter where I am sowing in life, He is still good. He is still faithful. I pray I am rejoicing bringing in the sheaves.

No comments: