Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Watching the Weather


Update: Although we did not receive snow, there were parts of the state that did. Guess the Farmers' Almanac was right!

It is so wild how different our weather has been this year compared to last year. We had the monumental snow on January 10th that left 12-15 inches in places. It seemed to never melt. Then we had another two good snows with 2-3 inches each time. That was all January and February.

This is what we've had so far this year: 



Just the slightest dusting of snow. It was barely 32 degrees and melted within an hour of falling.


Last week, we were in Tractor Supply buying dog food for Duke when I saw a shelf of Farmers' Almanacs. My only true knowledge of the everything-you-need-to-know-book is based on Back to the Future, so I was interested to flip through one. Then, I saw this page:


So far, so good. Today is February 7th and it is considerably cooler today than it has been in a while. I keep checking the forecast on my Weather Channel app, and so far no mention of snow. We'll see!

What do you think? Any validity to the Farmers' Almanac?

No comments: