Monday, November 9, 2009

scattered thoughts


I'm not feeling very bloggity lately. (Random thought: anyone remember the old song "I like the way you work it... no biggity... I like to bag it up?" Bloggity made me think of 'biggity.' Thanks for putting up with my randomness.)

I must confess I am counting down the days to Thanksgiving. W is out of school the whole week, and we are taking a trip to a place called Heaven on Earth, NC. Also known as W's Aunt's mountain house. We'll be there with his whole family. We go every other year and I have come to absolutely love it. That means that this semester is close to being over which possibly excites me more than my husband. That also means that he is completely up to his height in work to be done in a short amount of time.

Have I mentioned my husband is completely awesome? He handles everything he does with such grace. He rocks.

I also must confess I am so incredibly super excited about meeting THE Pioneer Woman next month. I know she is wonderful and lovely and a bag of chips... but I am really looking forward to having a special girl's night out to go meet her. Fellowship, food, and an amazing cookbook author = sounds like a plan to me.

I'm out of little tidbits to talk about I think. I'm praying for God's peace tonight. I worry way too much. I am trying to remind myself to lay everything, no matter what, at the cross. Especially with my family and the world we live in. I would so much rather be in God's hands than be in control myself, yet I find myself trying to control so many things. I pray that His peace which surpasses all understanding would guard my heart and mind. I desire the joy of the Lord.

Thanks for reading :o) And how about a big 'ole PRAISE GOD that Stellan's ablation was successful!


No comments: