Friday, February 19, 2010

Youth Ministry

Hello! And a special welcome if you're coming from Kelly's Korner! My husband has been a youth minister for the past 4.5 years. I typically do not share much from our youth group or church here (note: very small town!) but if I could ever encourage you in any way I would love to. I love our teenagers dearly and love watching their individual (and corporate) relationships grow with the Lord.

My husband is nearly halfway finished with Divinity School, and after that... only the Lord knows. We take delight in whatever that plan is though... or at least I'm trying to get to that point :)

I am by no means versed 100% in the dos and don'ts of youth ministry, but I can tell you I love pouring into this generation. I so often feel inadequate when I don't have answers for them, but I rejoice in this scripture:

3His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 2 Peter 1:3


Thanks for stopping by :)

Michelle

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey! My husband was in youth ministry 10+ years and we now serve on a college campus. What an adventure, huh? God bless you!

suzannah | the smitten word said...

i did youth ministry for years, and this is actually the first one in which i've stepped away. my family lives at a christian summer camp and continues to work with kids/college students.

people who don't like teens don't get it, but ministry to teens is the best. it's such a pivotal time, and they are so receptive to the Spirit's moving!

grace and peace

The Fabulous Faby Fam said...

What a special calling to serve our youth. I have taught middle school for 10+ years and truly understand the challenges that this age group presents. There is no greater good then helping to ground kids in their faith and love of Christ during their uncertain, crazy teen years. May God Bless you and your family.