Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Angry Birds Party 101



I had so much fun in the week leading up to the Angry Birds party. Starting Sunday night, I began working on the pinata. I watched a few You Tube videos explaining the paper mache process and began cutting newspapers into one inch strips. 







And by Thursday night, we had a sweet little exploding pinata. I let T-Pup choose which bird we made, and his response was "Mom, the black bird explodes and a pinata will explode! It has to be the black bird!" I'm kind of ashamed to say I didn't think of that myself!
 
The next little project included some boxes, in which I painted pigs and bricks on. We bought a few of the stuffed Angry Birds at Wal-Mart to throw at the boxes, creating a live version of our favorite iPhone game. 

The party didn't go quite as planned, as Tropical Storm Lee dumped loads of rain upon our area. I had hoped the kids could go back and forth from the bounce house to the Angry Bird game, but it turned out they were all in the same place at the same time because of the rain. At the end of the day our little man had a great time and made precious memories. That's what matters most.
 
 

2 comments:

Melanie said...

how fun! miss you! Happy Birthday to Thomas!!

michelle said...

thanks Mel! I try and keep up with you guys via Melissa and your blog (I just stink at commenting!) hope you're well!