Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving in the Mountains


Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! I love this time of the year. Although to be honest, the "stress" of it all has started to get to me. I had some baking to do last week before our trip and found myself Captain Cranky with our children. I called a friend of mine and expressed that I don't want my children to resent the holidays when they grow up because their mom went crazy over insignificant things! Nonetheless we had a great trip with W's family (15 adults and 5 children!). 

Thursday mid-morning, we took the children to hike Whiteside Mountain. It took about 30 minutes to get to the top and the children were so proud of their accomplishment. I wish we lived in an area like this so we could take family hikes all the time.


Some weren't too excited about the "hiking" aspect. Although in her defense, her Momma should have dressed her more appropriately!


There was plenty of time for cousin bonding. I'm really pleased to say there weren't any major conflicts or meltdowns! (This is the backyard of W's aunt's house. It is ah-maz-ing.)

 On the way back home, we stopped at the Dry Falls and let the children explore. It was beautiful. They were super stoked to be able to walk underneath the falls. 

 

On the way back home we were able to listen to the Iron Bowl, which was nothing short of painful.

Overall we had a great trip and enjoyed the down time. It's kind of hard to believe Thanksgiving 2011 is in the books and the Christmas season is now here. I just need time to slow down just...a...little...bit...please :)



No comments: