Monday, March 19, 2012

Girliness

I've recently added a few items to my daily regiment that I absolutely love. And women share these things with each other, right?

First item: Shampoo. If I could have it my way, I would constantly have this in our shower: Lush Shampoo. The specific kind I love is the "Cynthia Sylvia Stout". My sweet friend Megan came to town a few years ago and when we hugged I awkwardly stood there smelling her hair. I love to get Lush at Christmas or my birthday. Practically speaking though, I'm not one to usually drop $30 for shampoo alone.

Which brings me to my constant dilemma of which hair products to buy. I have thick, wavy hair. Pantene makes me itch and Dove weighs it down. I usually grab the Herbal Essences "Hello Hydration" but I'm always annoyed the combo of shampoo and conditioner nears $10. (Hello multiple personalities...you love Lush. Herbal essences is el cheapo compared to that!)

My sweet friend Bethany, who is in our women's Bible study, had a keratin treatment at the salon recently. I was more than intrigued. I did some research and talked to my haircut lady, and she said she feared the keratin treatment might relax the wave I have too much, but that I should look into some keratin shampoos.

I automatically thought of dollar signs. Then one glorious day, I see this at Wal-Mart: Suave Keratin Infusion. My hopes were not set high because, come on... it's Suave. The epitome of cheap hair care. I am here to tell you though, it's perfect. I bought the shampoo and conditioner (for a whopping $2.64 each). Highly recommend.

Second item: Facewash. I have finally met my match made in heaven. Neutrogena pink grapefruit foaming scrub. The first week I used it, it dried my face out completely. My skin even peeled. I was slightly mortified until the next week when it was so incredibly soft that I knew I'd use it again. I built up slowly only using a few times a week, but now can easily use it twice a day.

Third Item: Facial moisturizer. I've used Cetaphil (actually, the Equate version) for the last few years and it's been fine. But a few weeks ago I was at the Dermatologist's office with T (they've been treating him for a few warts) when I noticed their plethora of freebie samples. I picked up the Eucerin Daily Protection, and haven't thought about Cetaphil since then. It's light and not greasy at all, and a SPF of 30 is an added bonus for this fair skinned girl.

If you're in the market for any of the above, I hope I've helped :) Any lovely secrets you'd like to share with me...feel free!

No comments: