Thursday, October 9, 2008

Much Excitement

I cannot express my excitement in words - my little brother is coming home from Iraq next week. I am excited to be able to fly to NC to greet him when he returns. I'm a little nervous about traveling with Sam, but I plan to pack some exciting new snacks and toys to help her enjoy the ride a bit more. T-Pup is all squared away here with close friends and family - but he and W's presence will definitely be missed.

My sweet Sam is approaching 1 year old. Wow! Where has the past year gone? We had our annual youth fish fry last night at church, and I made the comment to one of the women there "it was this time last year we were gawking over how swollen my feet were!" I will plan her party as soon as we get back - but for now my attentions are on the trip next week.

T-Pup and I have been talking about Abraham each day this week. He has memorized "I will bless you Genesis 12:2". I need to be more efficient on teaching him scripture! It does bless me to hear him recite it with such pride though.

Sam is at the beginning stages of walking. W will hold her hands and walk with her across the floor; when I try, she just plops down. I don't mind leaving some things to Daddy - and I don't think he minds either :)

I think that's about it for my little update. I am also excited to have an evening with my hubby tonight. It has been a while since we've been out alone, so I'm sure we'll have a great time.

No comments: