Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Shack

Oh my goodness. Never have I read a book like this before. I know it's fiction, but it has struck a place that is deep in my heart. A few weeks ago I wrote about fear. To be absolutely honest, reading this book is making me face my fears. I stayed up last night after my family went to sleep, and in the quiet I read and wept - for hours. I'm supposed to stay on a schedule to read it, but there is no way - I can't put it down. I know people who have read it and said "it's strictly fiction, nothing can be gained from it" but in my case I have to disagree - because it has provoked me to go to a deeper place with the Lord. Obviously Young's words are not the infallible word of God, but it's when I put the book down and started crying out to the Lord that took me to that place.

And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Hebrews 10:24


1 comment:

Hugs said...

Yeah, so far, so good.
There are a few statements that were a little off but overall I like it.
I'm not done so don't spoil it!