Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thanks, babe!


Thanks to my sweet husband for getting me Valentine's Day flowers! We normally don't do anything for each other so this was a great surprise to come home to today!

Other things in my day today included going to the eye doctor. I've had some type of reading glasses ever since I was a freshman in high school, but over the past several months I have really noticed a change. Hopefully the new glasses will help.

This afternoon the children and I took W's vehicle to get serviced. It was a short trip to AL and I enjoyed an excuse to get Chick-Fil-A chicken salad. I feel like I'm being healthy because it is chicken "salad" but the more and more I think about it the more depressed I become that it is loaded with mayonnaise and fried chicken. Oh well... I am more than willing to eat it and not think about the details of its contents!

I've been feeling worn out the past few days, and Sam has had a runny nose (+ a cough as of today) so I'm starting some vitC in hopes of building our immune systems back up. I hope it's not too late because my throat is a little scratchy.

I'm not one to go around looking for confrontation or trying to stir things up, but I watched the Dateline documentary earlier this week about the mother of the octuplets. My heart breaks for her and those children. We have a friend who is not married who is in the process of adopting a baby internationally, and I support her 150%. It's a completely different scenario though to repeatedly have invitro with no father and no consistent income outside of student loans and disability checks.

“ For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD.
“ For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9


I know His ways are higher than mine. I know that God breathed life into each of this woman's 14 children and I pray that some how, some way, they would all know the love and mercy of God.

I guess as a small soap box, this defines so much of our mentality as Americans. You go after what you want and get it, no matter the cost or consequence. Oh, how we would see such a drastic change if we all looked to give rather than receive.


No comments: