Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Happy Place



Do you have a "happy place" that you retreat to in the midst of chaos? I think mine has been different places at different points in my life. Once it may have been a family vacation, another time it may have been remembering W and I white water rafting on our honeymoon. It's just a place you can close your eyes, and see in your mind. Since we got back from Costa Rica, mine has been the beach there. We went to Manuel Antonio, which is an area on the Pacific Ocean protected by the government. Monkeys, macaws and iguanas abound. The photo below is the hotel where we stayed, Hotel Karahe. After spending the week in dormitory style housing, this was a breath of fresh air. Each balcony has its own hammock. You walk through the garden, past the pool to the open air restaurant, directly to the beach. BLISS.


The past few months have been chaotic and overwhelming. This is where I keep going back to. It's actually strange to me because I'm not a beach person. 9 times out of 10 I'd take the mountains over the ocean. Until I found my happy place. The Lord keeps drawing me back there. And I'm okay with that.

No comments: