Thursday, April 2, 2009

Seasons

It's my favorite time of the year.

For several reasons.

Spring, you say? No. I love the flowers and new life but dislike my allergies to them.

Basketball? Gracious no. I played only a handfull of games for our church basketball team in high school before they kicked me off the team. I don't get basketball. Thank God I understand and have a passionate love for football, lest I be banned from my southern roots.

Chronologically speaking, the first love is because of amnesty week. It only comes around twice a year, once in the fall and once in the spring. You can put whatever you want out with your trash and the nice trash people will carry it away. This day came last fall, but my sweet W forgot to take the stuff around to the front. So, along with the blue plastic pool from last summer and bouncy seat frame that have been on the back porch all winter, I've discovered a host of other things that will be leaving our property. There's nothing to make a gal feel better than to do a bit of throwing junk away decluttering.

The second love is because it's April. My birthday month. I always look forward to it with great anticipation. Last year I was training for the half marathon and getting ready for the big 25. The HM was the day before my birthday, and guess what... I hurt on my birthday. My feet were blistered and I was sore (Malerie has no sympathy for me reading this because she knows how much running I did/did not do!). So, I go to church the next day (my birthday) and all of two people tell me happy birthday and we come home and eat leftover pizza. All of this to say it can only be better this year, right? Maybe someone other than my husband and mother/father-in-law will send me a card or give me a call. I love to be celebrated... I mean c'mon, who doesn't?

There ya go. I love this time of year to throw some trash out and be loved by all. It really is the most wonderful time of the year.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

so how can one so kindly send you a card and what day would you like to receive it? :) *hug*

love you chica hit me an email with your mailing addy and birthday please :)